Sweet Potato Sourdough Brownies
9 - 12
You won't feel so guilty eating these for breakfast ;) Made with sweet potato and a touch less sweet than a typical dessert brownie these are a perfect healthier treat for afternoon tea or a causal dessert.
- 1 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup almond or peanut butter
- 1/4 cup sourdough discard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or maple sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Boil potato, mash up with banana and remaining ingredients.
Add chocolate chips.
Pour into 8x8 (for thicker brownies) or 9x13 for thinner. Bake at 350 for 40-45 mins for thicker and 30-35 ish mins for thinner.
Let cool!!! (I didn’t, but they’re much better cooled).
Gluten Free Option
Omit the discard and instead add 1/4 cup oat flour and a bit more maple syrup.